Skip to Content
For Free Consultation 210-361-1112 Toll Free (888) ERBAEZ-8


Representing the Wrongfully Accused Throughout Texas

  • Criminal Defense FAQs

    • “I’m arrested in San Antonio, what do I do?”

      You need to speak to an experienced San Antonio criminal defense attorney. Statements that you make to investigators can later end up being used as evidence, and you could easily say something that could constitute self-incrimination or even a confession. This may be an enormously stressful and frustrating experience, but Mr. Báez is here to help!

    • “Can I get out of jail on bail?”

      When someone is arrested in San Antonio or Texas in general, they are usually entitled to bail. Bail can be paid in cash or through a bail bond. After they have given you that option, you have the option of contacting a criminal lawyer. You can contact our criminal defense lawyer to obtain a written bail bond and immediate 24-hour jail release.

    • “What is a bench warrant?”

      When a person fails to appear in court on a specific date after receiving a notice or order to appear, a bench warrant is usually issued. The person is subject to arrest once the warrant is issued.

      If you choose to represent yourself, the court would expect you to file the correct legal paperwork and follow the complicated court procedures in your criminal case. The judge could impose harsh consequences, such as barring you from filing an important motion, if you violate the rules.

    • “Can I represent myself in a San Antonio criminal case trial?”

      San Antonio law allows you to represent yourself before the court under certain criteria. However, we highly advise against it. Do not risk your future! You need a criminal defense attorney who can protect your legal rights and has the necessary experience in providing an exceptional defense strategy on your behalf. Call our criminal defense firm to represent you for any criminal charges you may be facing.

    • “How do I find a recently arrested person in San Antonio?”

      Finding out where someone went after they were arrested can be difficult, and you may have to access websites online or make several phone calls. However, it can be a good start to visit the Magistrate’s Office Search Website to find information or call the Magistrate’s Office at 210-335-6111. If you have the inmate’s SID or System Identification Number you may call Central Filing (Misdemeanor Records) at 210-335-2238 or contact Felony Records’ District Clerk at 210-335-2591.